McAfee Complete Data Protection Review

User-friendly, support is always available, and it is the best product for GDPR compliance

What is our primary use case?

We are system integrators who do the implementation and provide support for a variety of products. One of our main areas of focus is endpoint security, along with data loss prevention, encryption, and web security.

McAfee Complete Data Protection is one of the security solutions that we implement for our customers. It is the best match for GDPR compliance.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable features are data loss prevention and encryption.

The interface is user-friendly and it provides a large number of options.

The support services from McAfee are freely available at any point in time.

Of of the features that I like the best is document tagging, where the user can specify attributes such as confidential.

The encryption group feature will ensure that the system is compatible. If everything is fine then encryption will begin. However, if there is an incompatibility then the encryption will be halted.

What needs improvement?

There is a feature called manual classification that is not intuitive to use and can be improved.

There was an option for SQL setup in the older versions of this product and it has been removed, but we would like to see it made available as an add-on.

We have been working with this product for approximately 12 years.

Scalability-wise, this solution is very good.

I have experience with a lot of products from different vendors including Symantec and Microsoft. I find the other products are more complicated than McAfee.

The initial setup is straightforward and easy to do. One or two policies have to be created and then it is ready for deployment. It can all be done within an hour.

The pricing is better than that of some competing products.

What other advice do I have?

McAfee Complete Data Protection is the best product on the market and I recommend it. It is very simple and anyone can easily understand it.

I would rate this solution a nine out of ten.

More McAfee Complete Data Protection reviews from users