McAfee Complete Data Protection Review

Excellent endpoint protection with good technical support and good stability

What is most valuable?

The McAfee Threat Protection and McAfee Web Protection are valuable aspects of the solution. They're better than other features that come with the endpoints.

What needs improvement?

The solution needs to reduce the number of false positives. There are too many of them.

In future releases, McAfee Endpoint Protection needs to also include a module for mobile devices. If they do this, they should ensure the feature caters to both Android and iOS.

The solution is stable. The only problem that I had noticed was when Windows updated to Windows 10. However, McAfee was quick to release a patch that fixed the issue. The patch ensured McAfee remained stable, especially in a corporate environment.

I'd rate technical support seven out of ten.

Every year we have to go through product certifications, so we hardly come across situations that require us to contact McAfee, because we've been trained to do the support ourselves.

The support for McAfee is okay, but we do support for our clients in-house. If we come across a problem, we always look to their knowledge base first. McAfee has a big, vast knowledge base where you get answers without having to go through technical support most of the time.

What other advice do I have?

I've been using the solution since 2005. We're partners with McAfee.

I would rate the solution nine out of ten.

For them to get 10, I think they also need to make sure they are still compatible with earlier versions of Windows. In this part of the world, in Africa, you find that there are companies that are still using the earlier editions of Windows, like Windows XP. They need to make sure they incorporate those operating systems even if they've reached the end of life for Windows, like Windows XP. Right now, the new version doesn't support XP.