McAfee Complete Data Protection Review

Protects and secures your data from threats and from copying

What is our primary use case?

This solution helps us to protect and secure our data.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable feature of this solution is Data Loss Prevention. There is progression. It's quite amazing!

In the configuration, you can restrict a user from accessing a removable drive. They can bring in malware from external sources into the network without it coming from the internet. It could come from a memory stick. With the Data Loss Prevention, we can check for this and we can stop them from being able to use a flash drive or pin drive on their computer.

You can stop them from having access to a CD so that the company information cannot be lost to malware. They can't access anything, because as soon as they insert a memory stick it tells them to stop.

The company is also trying to prevent any data, or files from being copied. With this feature, you can configure it to not allow any copying.

If anyone inserts a memory stick, we get a report alerting us on the server of where the threat is coming from or who is trying to bypass or change the rule.

Another valuable feature is the McAfee ePO, which is the centralized monitoring tool. You can have your computers on the network and this feature will tell you who is behind in terms of updates from the server. You can also view the modules that have been installed on a particular workstation.

What needs improvement?

When it comes to the integration, the information or instruction that comes with the package is not good. When you are getting started it's not easy to integrate it, there are many things involved. If you are a beginner you can easily become confused, but if you have experience then it can be easy.

In the next release, I would like to see some additional product features added to the interface.

There should be more public awareness or comparisons in the market. People are still questioning why I chose McAfee.

I want simplicity. A new user opening the dashboard will be confused. It needs to be more user-friendly.

I have been using this solution for ten years.

This solution is stable.

We rarely have issues with the server not being able to connect to the lastest engines.

We have more than seventy computers on the network.

McAfee has very good support.

We can submit a report online to open a case and they will contact you immediately to confirm. If you don't respond right away they will follow up with you via email every day until you respond.

They don't just leave you to resolve the issue alone, they support you to the very end.

The support methods are secure before they assist you by logging in remotely they will verify with a code through your mobile device.

There are two parts to the setup, installation and the configuration.

It is easy to install if you have the prerequisite software. If you run into issues you are provided with codes that you can enter online and get help with the particular issue.

As you get familiar with it, it gets easier.