McAfee Complete Data Protection Review

Excellent protection that is easy to use with simple access to the DLP

What is our primary use case?

Some users were concerned about their employees' information. They needed to protect this data from leakage and from any type of exploitation. Therefore, the DLP was deployed in their environment to protect them and to test the actual requirements. This is why we primarily use the solution.

What is most valuable?

The solution is excellent for protecting users from data being exploited. It's also great for preventing data leakage.

The solution is simple.

Accessing the DLP is easy.

What needs improvement?

The solution needs more advanced features.

Customers tend to not like the navigation that is offered.

While accessing the DLP is easy, navigating inside of it is difficult.

The policies and propagation need to be improved.

The solution should integrate more into the Cloud. McAfee is not focusing too much on the Cloud. They need to do so.

I've been working with this solution for about 16 to 18 months.

We've contacted technical support in the past and in general, they are quite good.

We've previously used Symantec and Trend Micro. They all have similar features. All of them use privacy encryption technology, and they are all simple in terms of just deploying the agent. They offer encryption of the endpoint. There's no major difference between any of them.

The initial setup is straightforward. It's not complex. They make it very easy to implement the solution.

For a company with approximately 100 users, deployment takes approximately ten to eleven days.

What other advice do I have?

I'm a consultant. Our company is a partner as well as a distributor.

I would recommend companies who want some solid security products to consider this solution. McAfee is well known in the market, and it has a good reputation specifically surrounding the EPO encryption. I would recommend them.

I'd rate the solution eight out of ten. I'd rate the solution higher if the navigation to the settings and propagation were more clear inside McAfee.

More McAfee Complete Data Protection reviews from users