Intelsecurity

McAfee Complete Endpoint Protection Review
If a client needs new components, ePO helps them to bring the new products into the organization, although older versions had issues during installation.

Valuable Features

I can say that all the features of this product are most valuable for me, but I believe that Antivirus, McAfee Data Loss Prevention Endpoint, McAfee Device Control , Drive Encryption and Deep Command are the basic features that any business needs (Enterprise, Small or Medium).

Improvements to My Organization

One of the key features of this product, as seen by my customers, was the central administration from the ePO console. If the client needed new components, ePO helps them with a few clicks to bring the new products into the organization.

Room for Improvement

All the improvements I thought were needed, were implemented over time by the vendor.

Use of Solution

I've used it for two years.

On the older ePO versions, there were some issues at the install, but with the latest version, the installation is smooth.

I didn’t have any stability issues.

There was no issue with the scalability. If a client needs a quick deployment, and doesn’t have a dedicated SQL Server, it can start with the Express version, and migrate later to a new instance.

10/10.

10/10.

I have worked with Symantec, and still do, as my firm is partner with both.

Best Practice from my point of view is to start small and go big. Install the server and all the components, enroll two to three endpoints (server,laptop,desktop), create the needed policies, and extend the deployment to other endpoints, and so on until you cover all the organization and you are sure that there are no issues with the server or endpoint performance.

Implementation Team

I was the person that implemented the product.

ROI

The commercial value of the product depends of the firm that buys it. From my point of view, the ROI is 100% from the moment the client is fully protected from external attacks.

Pricing, Setup Cost and Licensing

Try to take a bundle of needed McAfee products, as the price is more attractive.

Other Solutions Considered

I have evaluated Bitdefender, Kaspersky and Symantec.

Other Advice

This product is very easy to use and to extend after the installation. Look on McAfee Knowledge Base page and see the tutorials.

Disclosure: My company has a business relationship with this vendor other than being a customer: My firm is a McAfee partner.

0 Comments

Anonymous avatar x30

Have A Question About McAfee Complete Endpoint Protection?

Our experts can help. 239,922 professionals have used our research on 5,963 solutions.