McAfee Complete Endpoint Protection Review

It makes it much easier to follow up with individual issues or breaches which need a start-to-finish investigation into IT security events.

Valuable Features

The most valuable feature for us is the central management – we can scale it up and dial back when we need to. It gives us a big picture, enterprise solution for our endpoint needs. We don’t have to go to three interfaces for the security picture as it's all in one shared space.

Improvements to My Organization

Endpoints are more than just customer laptops, they are also servers. Day-to-day, it’s a lot better when your solution is natively covering laptops, servers, and virtual servers.

It’s all organized and makes it much easier to follow up with individual issues or if there are breaches which need a start-to-finish investigation into IT security events, I can get one picture to follow the breadcrumbs.

Room for Improvement

A quicker turnaround with patches and updates would be good. Say there is a new patch or update, such as a new Apple OS, there is a bit of a lag between hot fixes. They are really good with Windows, so it may be an Apple thing more than Intel. If they are quicker with hot fixes with Apple OS, that would be an improvement.

Use of Solution

We have been using this solution for the last three years.

It's not crashed once on me, and is up 99.99% of the time. It's only if there is an issue with the OS that it becomes unavailable, and there never an issue with the software end of things.

It's very easy to grow. We recently acquired another company, they did a whole new setup with no license and no new server, and they even have their own policy as they integrated into our system. There were no worries about our main policy. I didn’t need a second server for a small branch company as it collects all the data from the endpoints and then sends that back to our main server. It’s very easy to scale and Intel is great about that – even if you get an audit, it’s just to take care of you.

We're very happy with customer service. I can go on to the website and get live chat communication and in minutes -- maybe not even minutes -- I'll have the issue solved.

We're very happy with technical support. I can go on to the website and get live chat communication and in minutes -- maybe not even minutes -- I'll have the issue solved. The only issue that needs improvement is Mac or Linux support issues, but that’s not a regular occurrence. Even on the phone, I have been happy.

Initial setup was very straightforward and easy. Fine-tuning for your environment takes a little love and care, but that’s true for any product.

ROI

It's well worth the investment as we have a lot of laws governing us. In terms of security, it helps keep our environment clean. It recently caught an issue in the company with cryptolocker, and the amount of money it saved because we found that is huge. We didn’t have to pay fees to decrypt it and we were in the clear.

Other Solutions Considered

We looked at Norton and we used Gartner to see what players were in the space and looked at them all.