McAfee Complete Endpoint Protection Review

Its installation and configuration are easy. We chose it because of the security-connected framework for synchronized security.

What is most valuable?

• Easy installation and configuration
  • Managed by ePolicy Orchestrator (ePO) for simplified management

How has it helped my organization?

It's provided us with a reduction of the attack surfaces used by malware. As an organization, we've decreased our threat visibility.

What needs improvement?

We have reports by users of machines being slow when the on-demand scan starts.

Recently, some cases of ransomware have been reported on managed systems without VSE detecting them.

I've used it for six years.

VSE 8.8 is managed by ePO for easy deployment.

Beta versions are released for extensive testing on the various platforms before RTW (Release to World) versions.

We have had no issues scaling it for our needs.

McAfee technical support is available 24/7 to assist with any calls logged.

I have worked with Symantec before. I chose McAfee because of the security-connected framework for synchronized security, which works well to mitigate risks and to enable a proactive approach to threat responses.

The initial setup of VSE is via the ePO. When checked in to the ePO, VSE can be deployed to the whole environment via the ePO silently without any user intervention.

The initial implementation was done by an in-house team comprised of highly-skilled McAfee experts since we are an Infosec company specializing in various vendor products. An in-house team can set it up, provided they are awarded adequate training.

With the rise of malware and, recently, ransomware cases, using VSE assures you a positive Return-on-Investment. The benefits surely outweigh the risks of a compromised environment.

What other advice do I have?

Using McAfee provides you a single, integrated platform that helps you have an end-to-end visibility of the whole environment.

1 visitor found this review helpful