McAfee Complete Endpoint Protection Review

The most valuable feature that I've found most useful is the availability of seamless AES 256 full-disk encryption.

What is most valuable?

How has it helped my organization?

I don't need to worry about the content of a laptop if it's lost or stolen. It provides better security of laptops when doing foreign travel.

What needs improvement?

I think encryption needs to move to an all hardware-based solution. Software encryption is less efficient than hardware-based. Intel purchased McAfee a few years ago, so this company is set up from the chipset point-of-view.

We've used it for six years.

Initially, we ran into issues running full-disk encryption and certain versions of disk defragmentation software. However, this has now been resolved.

There have been no issues with the stability.

We have had no issues scaling it for our needs.

9/10. I've found technical support to be very good and responsive.

We selected this endpoint protection solution due to its multi-platform support, not just Windows (e.g BitLocker). Other reasons were that it has enterprise key storage and recovery, which is very important to us.

It's fairly easy to get going. It's been around for a while now, and there are lots of use cases. You just just need to follow the best practice installation documentation.

We implemented it with the help of a McAfee vendor team.

Everything has a cost. During the initial product evaluation, price was considered but it was not a show stopper.

What other advice do I have?

The central management console, ePO, is very useful. It incorporates file/folder encryption as well as encrypted thumb drive registration and policy management.