McAfee Complete Endpoint Protection Review

It has helped us to enforce State mandates for protecting both staff and patient information data.

What is most valuable?

As of July 2016 we updated our version of Endpoint encryption from V5.03 to V7.03 with an updated deployment console it is much more convenient to navigate and to recover the user \ machine password process is so less cumbersome ..

thumbs up to this version ...

How has it helped my organization?

All the care facilities are mandated by the State to protect patient information. McAfee Complete Endpoint Protection has helped us to enforce that mandate, protecting both staff and patient information data. That's why the most value that it provides to us is simply and obviously the fact that it does a very good job of overall endpoint encryption.

What needs improvement?

The virus scanning in Enterprise V8 needs improvement. Also, the spyware protection needs to be be more expansive.

We've used it for six years.

The deployment from the ePolicy Orchestator console to either re-imaged or rebuilt laptops was sporadic and not reliable enough to be standalone.

We have had no issues with the stability.

We have had no issues scaling it for our needs.

very good ....

Technical support is excellent. We've worked with them a lot over the years, some days for hours at a time.

SafeBoot encryption was purchased by McAfee shortly after we deployed it to our fleet of laptops. We simply inherited it by use of encryption.

The initial setup was straightforward, as we tried to automate the deployment of AV. However, it got more cumbersome after that, requiring a lot more of our time and resources.

It was implemented by our in-house team and then deployed using the McAfee ePolicy server that's designated for McAfee deployments only.

This was all managed by our IT director.

What other advice do I have?

Overall, the product is good. You need to get advice on the overall deployment to your infrastructure from McAfee before any roll-out.