McAfee Complete Endpoint Protection Review

One valuable feature is Threat Prevention with the on-demand scan.

What is most valuable?

One valuable feature is Threat Prevention with the on-demand scan. After the policy configuration is made, all our end users were happy that the computer didn’t feel slow when scanning files as the scanner just runs when the users are idle.

How has it helped my organization?

McAfee Endpoint Security 10.5 has improved our security and made our customers more effective. As it uses less CPU, no one needs to wait for their computer to finish any scans.

What needs improvement?

I think it would be nice if Dynamic Application Control would come together with McAfee Endpoint Security. The Dynamic Application Control works well against ransomware as well as other viruses.

We have been using the solution for about one year.

We had no issues with our customers. The 10.5 version was nice, with no stability issues or any other critical issues noticed.

We have not encountered any scalability issues.

The level of technical support at McAfee is 10/10. The support is just great. Often they solve all the problems or give you advice on how you can improve the policy to work even better.

I don’t think I’ve ever spoken to any support which makes a customer happier than McAfee support. It just feels like they care about the customer.

We used VirusScan Enterprise (McAfee). It worked fine, but in the end, the CPU usage was too high when doing On-Demand scans.

I would not say that it was complex, but of course you should do some testing with the policies to reach the best performance and the best protection for your client. We used an ePO server to manage the policy, as well as the deployment, without any problems.

I would advise them to speak to our resellers at Advania, as I’m a technical consultant and not a reseller.

We did not evaluate other options. McAfee is a clear choice to make, when running an ePO server as well as other endpoint products from McAfee. They really integrate well with each other and that is a strong force within the fight against malware and ransomware attacks.

What other advice do I have?

Test the product well and make your own policy changes to improve the product even more. Often McAfee can get you some test periods to try the product. Also, have a look at the Dynamic Application Control. It’s worth the value in the end.

Disclosure: My company has a business relationship with this vendor other than being a customer: We are resellers and partners for McAfee products, working tightly with them.