McAfee Complete Endpoint Protection Review

The devices are controlled from one place. This allows management of security for different device vendors with a unique interface.

What is most valuable?

My experience with McAfee is very good. They give excellent support, they are proactive to solve issues, and willing to integrate their products. Their ability to execute is very high.

Their malware detection rate is excellent for all type of devices and the anti-theft products are good and easy to use.

All the devices are controlled from one place. This gives great, easy management of security for different device vendors with a unique interface and, best of all, with a unique method.

Valuable features for us include the quality of their anti-malware detection: one interface for all devices. McAfee GW Security is also good.

In general, all the branches were very happy with them for three reasons:

• The product is good
  • The product is well known
  • Their marketing support is excellent

How has it helped my organization?

The product is evolving to give a global security solution, engaging all devices and products together under one interface. McAfee GW Security will be a game changer here.

What needs improvement?

McAfee GW Security and McAfee Child Safety need some improvement as they are relatively new.

We have been using the solution for five years. I have broad experience with McAfee’s complete endpoint protection, McAfee Child Safety, and their new McAfee GW Security protection that incorporates protection directly in the Home/SOHO Internet GateWay.

I worked as the product manager with these products at my former company's Global Security Vertical, giving service to all of our company's branches around the world.

We have experienced very high stability.

We have not encountered any issues with scalability.

The technical support is excellent.

We previously used Norton, Kaspersky, and Panda. From my point of view, the basic functionality is similar, but McAfee has a more innovative roadmap.

The initial setup was very easy.

The initial price is very good as they give good initial discounts, but it seems a little expensive once you renew the license. The price isn't very different comparing it with other Anti virus providers but it's worth it. With respect to freemium solutions, premium gives support and I personally prefer to pay for a service as no one gives anything for free.

We evaluated Norton, Kaspersky, Panda, and many others.

What other advice do I have?

Even though it is a little expensive, the price is worth it. They come up with a complete home security eco-system that will unify the security under one easy interface.

Going to their new product, McAfee GW Security, security in the Internet GateWay, McAfee is clearly on the right track.

I was responsible for the introduction of this new type of products in my former company. I evaluated many brands (about ten), new startups, and traditional big security vendors. In my opinion, they have the clearest view of what has to be done now, (in the GW and in the Cloud), and what will be done in the future.

Some startups have good innovative products, but for sure lack the ability to execute that big vendors have. Big vendors have better malware detection rates, faster response to issues, etc.

Considering the exponential growth of Home IoT (most don’t have security), McAfee GW Security is, and will be, essential to stop hacking.