McAfee Endpoint Security Review

SiteAdvisor and DLP have helped us to control the sites our users visit and the removable devices they use on their company PCs.

What is most valuable?

In today's IT environment, IT Security threats are very dynamic in nature. Every minute, new threat emerges. Every feature of the MEP suite, be it small or big, is very important. They complement each other and if one fails, my IT Security could be compromised and my organization might be at security risk. In short, every feature is equally important to maintain high level of IT Security.

How has it helped my organization?

While SAE & DLP have helped us to control the sites our user visits and the removable media they uses on their PC, at the same time, MSME has helped us to prevent the threat getting in our network via SPAM emails. The MEP suite has significantly helped us to mitigate the risk of getting malicious content in our network from various mediums.

What needs improvement?

They need to improve the anti-virus engine which, although fast and efficient, sometimes uses too much hardware resources. The scanning engine should be designed in a way that it doesn’t slow down the PC while it's running scheduled scans.

I've been using it for eight years.

We've had no issues with the deployment.

We've had no issues with the stability.

We've had no issues scaling it for our needs.

Customer service is excellent.

In my experience with them, technical support is excellent.

Yes we were using different solution previously. The reason we chose McAfee is because it provides us with different security solutions under one umbrella. It give us a centralized view of the health of the PCs in our organization/Network.It also offeres ease of manageability of the different product through singe user interface. Moreover, McAfee, as a part of Intel Security, can work more smartly with CPUs in comparison to other products. Also, McAfee has excellent research and support teams around the globe.

It was a bit complex in starting as you need to pick and choose the options that fit to your organizational need. IT security engineer need to learn and develop the skill to manage the product. Once it is all set, it's easy to manage.

We implemented it with the help of the vendor in the beginning. Later, we developed our own in-house talent to support and manage the product.

The ROI is good.

Pricing/licensing is competitive in comparison to other solution in the market.

What other advice do I have?

I would advise that if you are looking for internet usage control, removable device control, and host intrusion protection, email protection or any one of these with anti-virus, go for it and you will not be disappointed.

More McAfee Endpoint Security reviews from users