McAfee Endpoint Security Review

Good DLP but offers problematic encryption

What is most valuable?

I have found DLP to be a valuable feature.

What needs improvement?

When it comes to DLP or McAfee Security Encryption, with which I am happy, I like to make use of the solution for Vault, but find that the encryption is problematic. The system needs reforming. Suppose the solution is utilized on a laptop or desktop and the client wishes to make an assignment to another person but forgot his password. The data cannot be archived or backed up.

I have been using McAfee Endpoint Security for the past five years.

The solution is reliable.

Previously, I used the solution for a single site consisting of nearly 300 users. However, as I found it to also be a good tool for DLP endpoint, I now use it for another client with nearly 700 users.

Counting from one to ten, this being the highest, I fully support the solution's technical services.

The initial setup is very simple, allowing a person to get the videos or documents on the internet.

The deployment takes one to two days.

I do licensing on an annual basis and this is what I always recommend to my clients over the monthly option. This is because all my clients are long-term and do not wish to pay on a monthly basis, instead preferring licenses of, perhaps, three years with an additional one or two year option.

What other advice do I have?

I am using the latest version of the solution minus one.

Some of our clients deploy the solution on-premises and others use clouds, such as AWS or IBM Cloud. I'm actually a service partner with IBM Cloud and the community manager with AWS Cloud.

We currently have two or three clients utilizing the solution and it can be said that it is a good product.

The solution is really good and competitively priced, so someone wishing to secure his enterprise or make use of it in an inexpensive fashion should do so.

I would rate it a seven out of ten.

More McAfee Endpoint Security reviews from users
Learn what your peers think about McAfee Endpoint Security. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: July 2021.
523,742 professionals have used our research since 2012.