McAfee Endpoint Security Review

What is most valuable?

I would have said the VirusScan, but with the advent of ransomware, the VirusScan hasn’t been that impressive.

How has it helped my organization?

Initially, the DLP was very valuable for disabling access to USB drives -- but the need to get a code before granting exceptions made the management cumbersome.

What needs improvement?

The VirusScan needs to improve in order to detect ransomware and other advanced threats.

I've used the solution for three years.

Quite unsatisfactory. Sometimes cases will last for weeks without significant progress.

Started with McAfee, actually, but now we have switched to another solution.

Initial setup was straightforward as only one server was needed.

Pricing is fair.

What other advice do I have?

I would advise to compare it with other players and ensure it can deliver, especially on the detection of ransomware and advanced threats.

ePO 5.3.1 / VirusScan 8.8
More McAfee Endpoint Security reviews from users
Learn what your peers think about McAfee Endpoint Security. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: September 2021.
536,114 professionals have used our research since 2012.
1 Comment

author avatarit_user670332 (IT Consultant at a tech consulting company with 1,001-5,000 employees)
MSP

Hi! Have a look at McAfee Endpoint Security 10.5.2 with the "mini sandbox" mode (Known as Dynamic Application Control) next time, this is a great way to control ransomware and block it.