McAfee Enterprise Security Manager (McAfee ESM) Review

Out-of-the-box rules are helpful in monitoring our hybrid-cloud environment

What is our primary use case?

We use this solution to monitor everything in our hybrid-cloud environment. This includes IoT devices and a couple of data centers.

How has it helped my organization?

We are now able to completely monitor our environment so we can review what is there, which is a big win for us. This solution helps with the maturity of our environment.

Using the out-of-the-box rules has made our work more relaxing.

What is most valuable?

There are more than two hundred out-of-the-box rules.

We have been using the advanced correlation agent.

What needs improvement?

Technical support for this product could be improved.

I would like to see improvements to the user interface.

It would be helpful to have a diagram in the interface that shows the actions.

We have been using this solution for two years.

This is a very stable solution, although there are some bugs in the GUI.

This solution is very scalable from my perspective. We have around twenty-five users. We have level one users, which are operation analysts. We also have level two users, who take care of daily operations. Level two includes, for example, handling the rules on the creation of users. Everything is segregated. We also have a second engineer.

We have had issues where we had to contact technical support. While they answered ok, the timing may have been a little slow.

We used another solution prior to this one.

The initial setup of this solution was very clear. We followed the instructions on the web page, and there were no problems. The deployment was really quick and completed within a couple of hours.

We performed the implementation ourselves.

We pay for our licensing fees on a yearly basis, and there are no costs in addition to the standard licensing fees.

We evaluated several other options before choosing this one, including Elasticsearch.

What other advice do I have?

I recommend trying this product. This is a quality solution at a fair price.