McAfee ePolicy Orchestrator Review

What is most valuable?

Automatic workflow remediation

How has it helped my organization?

By setting up automatic workflows for specific tasks by the use of property tags there is less hands on intervention needed.

What needs improvement?

Although it has the ability to auto create service tickets, it needs to expand to allow more products this ability. It also seriously needs a better way to direct connect to remote users not located within the network.

12 years

Yes, someone who doesn’t understand their environment and the configuration needed cannot just turn everything on and let it go.

No, we were able to scale this from a single location within the US of 100 endpoints to 5,000+ globally within a week with only 10% of the systems having a problem that needed to be addressed because of a specialized configuration.

Customer Service: 8 out of 10Technical Support: 8 out of 10

Kaspersky, the management console is very cumbersome and difficult to manage and doesn’t allow for the fine grained control of ePO.

It’s straightforward until you get to some of the advanced components such as a DMZ and agent handler deployment.

In-house, I personally did the implementation, configuration and management.

Saves a company 20 man hours a week. The true dollar value ROI is going to be based on the cost of the product for a particular company, since that can vary depending on the negotiated contract terms.

This product will take 40 man hours for setup, configuration and deployment once the environment information is gathered.

Yes, Trend Micro

What other advice do I have?

There is no other product out there with the control and overall security components that can do what ePO can.