McAfee ePolicy Orchestrator Review

The biggest issue was false positives and performance degradation.​ My policies were easily accessible and managed during setup.​

What is most valuable?

It allows us to detect rogue devices, then to subsequently force policies on them to protect our system from them.

How has it helped my organization?

The only feature worth mentioning is the rogue devices detection. This helped the company manage new laptops joining the network.

What needs improvement?

I am not familiar with the newer versions, but the biggest issues we had with our version were false positives and performance degradation.

I used it for four years.

There were no issues with the deployment.

We had no issues with the stability.

We had no issues scaling it for our needs.

In my experience, the level of customer service is very good.

Technical service is very good.

I came into the company and started using McAfee ePolicy Orchestrator. The previous solution was F-Secure.

I have managed the setup to new servers (kind of a migration). I will admit that it was very straightforward. My policies were easily accessible and managed.

We implemented it with our in-house team.

The replacement for McAfee was due to pricing. It is common in the antivirus space to have price wars, though.

What other advice do I have?

I am not familiar with the latest versions, but I am sure they have been improved. From a management point of view, ePO is one of the best solutions out there.