McAfee ePolicy Orchestrator Review

The central manager policy enables us to have all of our client modules in one solution

What is our primary use case?

I am an information system security coordinator and our company is a customer of McAfee. We use the product internally. Our primary use case is for protecting workstations, and servers. We use the antivirus with several modules that have a threat intelligence exchange, DLP and threat protection. It is a firewall hosting through the prevention system, web control and adaptive threat protection. The solution is for workstations and Windows servers. Approximately 1,300 administrators use the product and we have two people responsible for backup.

How has it helped my organization?

It's a mandatory system for the protection of endpoints. Without it, the system could be compromised.

What is most valuable?

The central manager policy is valuable. It means we have almost all client modules in one solution, which is great. Having firewall web control adapted for protection, and a very easy management console to monitor an infection is important.

What needs improvement?

From my point of view, the solution is good. Even if there are problems we're able to find a resolution quite quickly. There were some issues in earlier versions but after the upgrade to the latest version, we haven't had any issues.

I have noticed several times that some viruses were not detected by McAfee ENS and we had to escalate support and modify detection signatures. The detection aspect should be improved so that signatures are updated more quickly.

For additional features, there really isn't very much to suggest. The main issue would be to improve detection.

I've been using the product for more than 10 years.

Stability is good, we haven't had any down time or issues.

The product is very scalable, it's very easy to add users.

I'm happy with the technical support.

We've been using McAfee for as long as I've been in the company.

I don't recall how much time it took for the initial deployment but it was a very easy setup, and updates, new versions, etc. are also easy to setup. Deployment is quite a quick process, maximum one hour for a console but now we just do the regular upgrades to the latest version which is a simple process.

In addition to standard licensing fees, there is an additional cost for every module.

What other advice do I have?

My advice would be to read the documentation and carry out implementation. It is not complicated, just a matter of deciding which vendor to use.

Because we have a corporate contract, the price is reasonable. We're happy with everything - the dashboard, user interface - it's all good.

I would rate this product a nine out of 10.