McAfee ESM Review

Good reporting, correlation capability, and user interface

What is our primary use case?

We are a service provider and we implement it for our customers, as well as use it internally.

This is a SIEM product that makes up part of our overall security solution.

What is most valuable?

Compared to other solutions, the user interface is good.

The correlations that it discovers are helpful.

The reporting is good.

What needs improvement?

The only drawback is that they don't have any packet capturing or network behavior analysis. Including network behavior analysis in the future would be a good addition.

The speed of technical support can be improved.

We have been using McAfee ESM for between five and six years.

We have had no issues with stability.

If we want to increase or expand then we just have to add devices, so it should not be a problem.

I would say that the technical support is not very prompt, but the end result is good.

We also work with Splunk and we have experience with similar solutions such as IBM QRadar.

The initial setup is pretty much straightforward. We haven't had any problem.

The pricing is good, and they are competitive compared to providers such as RSA and IBM QRadar.

What other advice do I have?

The suitability of McAfee ESM is based on the requirements. If a customer is specifically looking for log and event analysis, with the correlations, then this solution is a good choice. If instead, they are looking for network behavior analytics then they should consider IBM QRader or something else.

Private Cloud
More McAfee ESM reviews from users
...who compared it with Splunk
Learn what your peers think about McAfee ESM. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: June 2021.
513,594 professionals have used our research since 2012.