McAfee ESM Review

Good overall but complex setup and integration needs improvement

What is our primary use case?

We are using the solution for log analyzing endpoints and investigating all types of applications, files or network devices login collection.

What is most valuable?

McAfee as a whole is a good solution.

What needs improvement?

When it came to using the solution for a larger organization, we were faced with some troubles attempting to manage the GUI functionality. During some forensic investigations, some of the information was missing from the collected data.

It cannot integrate with our Next-Generation Firewall and few applications such as Cisco ACI. For Postgre databases, the solution did not collect a lot of information from it. It has some integration problem. Companies, therefore, have to invest twice for collecting logs rather than one SIEM.

I have been using the solution for two years.

The initial setup was a bit complex.

The local partner we had was not very experienced in implementing the solution. However, the solution was first implemented in our country.

Latest version
More McAfee ESM reviews from users
...who compared it with Splunk
Learn what your peers think about McAfee ESM. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: June 2021.
513,594 professionals have used our research since 2012.