McAfee ESM Review

Easy and fast to deploy, good correlation rules, and scales well

What is our primary use case?

I work with an integration company and implement tools such as McAfee ESM.

We are an MSSP for a lot of clients. We gather their logs, correlate them, create rules, and assume the role of their SOC. We have skilled operators 24/7 who take care of these clients.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable feature is the correlation rules.

This product is easy to use.

What needs improvement?

There should be support for multitenancy in the product. Because they don't have it, I think it is the biggest improvement that the vendor could make.

I have been working with McAfee ESM for approximately eight years.

This is a very scalable product.

In the on-premises deployment, we have large enterprise clients. For cloud-based deployment, our clients are small to medium-sized companies.

Although I am satisified with the technical support, there is room for improvement. The support is not as good as it could be because McAfee has moved so many times.

The initial setup is straightforward and easy to do. The deployment is very fast.

What other advice do I have?

In summary, this is a good product. We have all of the functionality but it needs support for multitenancy and better support.

Hybrid Cloud
More McAfee ESM reviews from users
...who compared it with Splunk
Learn what your peers think about McAfee ESM. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: May 2021.
510,204 professionals have used our research since 2012.