McAfee ESM Review

Good threat protection and fast support, but it's complex to use

What is our primary use case?

We implement it in our hospital applications.

How has it helped my organization?

It has been very helpful to our company. It enables us to detect malicious threats, issues, or vulnerabilities in our network.

What needs improvement?

We acquired the IBM product because McAfee is slightly confusing to use, and it's broader.

I have used McAfee ESM for three years.

We are using Version 11.

It's scalable, and we can implement our network use cases.

We have five users in our organization.

The technical support is fast and they have been helpful in resolving our issues.

Previously, I did not use another solution. McAfee ESM is the only solution I know.

I was not a part of the installation. It was installed before I joined the company.

We had help from the McAfee teams in Singapore and India. We also had some help from Trend Micro and one colleague from our company.

We renew our license annually.

What other advice do I have?

We have just acquired IBM QRadar. It is still in the implementation process. We have not used it.

Last January, our Adobe has come to its end of life, and we can not use it anymore.

I can recommend this solution.

I would rate McAfee ESM a seven out of ten.

More McAfee ESM reviews from users
...who compared it with IBM QRadar
Find out what your peers are saying about McAfee, Splunk, IBM and others in Security Information and Event Management (SIEM). Updated: September 2021.
533,638 professionals have used our research since 2012.