McAfee ESM Review

Excellent security features with 100% stability and good scalability capabilities

What is most valuable?

The security can't be compromised. The security features on offer are the most valuable feature and are why it's really worth having as a product like this in our organization.

What needs improvement?

The user interface could be more user-friendly.

Technical support could be improved.

I've been using the solution for two or three years.

The solution is 100% stable. We really have had a great time working with it. It hasn't let us down.

We've been satisfied with the level of scalability the solution offers us.

We've had some issues in the past and have had their Pakistani representative here. We've also communicated with foreign branches of technical support. The solution offers okay assistance. It's not a mature solution like Fortinet or Watchguard, but it's still providing okay service. I'd say the help we've received is largely mixed. It's been 50/50 in terms of resolving our issues.

It's a fairly low-cost solution, so the pricing is pretty good.

What other advice do I have?

I'd rate the solution eight out of ten. If it was more user-friendly, I'd mark it higher. Right now, technical people working on the solution don't understand what it is are trying to communicate in its tabs. As a company, you need to have a certified or experienced McAfee engineer there or on staff to guide you.

I'd recommend the product, however. It's a nice, robust product.

Hybrid Cloud
More McAfee ESM reviews from users
...who compared it with Splunk
Learn what your peers think about McAfee ESM. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: June 2021.
513,594 professionals have used our research since 2012.