McAfee MOVE AntiVirus Review

An advanced security solution that can be fully automated

What is our primary use case?

We use it to protect our PCs and our servers. We have DLP endpoints, and we have drive encryption and endpoint security. We also use it for endpoint security on our laptops, and they do have these running on the servers.

What is most valuable?

I like that it's all automated. It's automatically configured and updated from a central server. The patches get updated automatically, and it provides good security against malware and ransomware. It also encrypts our drives, and there's a lot of security.

Another good feature is that you can always get it to reset by calling a remote admin for help. For example, if you've forgotten your password, you can unlock it from your system boot up, and you can get assistance from the admin.

What needs improvement?

The process of enabling drive encryption can be improved. It takes a long time to enable drive encryption. For some reason, we have to keep monitoring it. It takes a few hours to update the policies, which finally encrypts the drive. It's a very slow process, and we have to sit there and watch what goes on.

Sometimes I also see that there isn't any reporting back to the central team that someone's system isn't up to date.

We''ve been using McAfee MOVE AntiVirus for close to ten years.

McAfee MOVE AntiVirus is a stable product.

McAfee MOVE AntiVirus is a scalable product. We have it deployed across 100,000 people, and it's a huge deployment.

I think before this, they may have used something else like Trend Micro. Then they moved to McAfee, and from McAfee, they may shift to some other good product. I have used a computer spreadsheets antivirus, e-antivirus before.

It's pushed remotely, and it's like a remotely deployed solution. It barely takes two to five minutes to set up and deploy. There's a big team that manages the deployment and maintenance as part of the overall security and corporate security.

What other advice do I have?

I would recommend this product to potential users if it's a corporate office. It's a great tool for a corporate environment.

On a scale from one to ten, I would give McAfee MOVE AntiVirus an eight.

Version 6.0
More McAfee MOVE AntiVirus reviews from users
Learn what your peers think about McAfee MOVE AntiVirus. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: June 2021.
512,711 professionals have used our research since 2012.