McAfee MOVE AntiVirus Review

Great features including real-time memory scan and endpoint protection

What is our primary use case?

We are partners with McAfee and I'm a senior solution architect.

What is most valuable?

McAfee not only provides the antivirus, but they provide an EDR kind of solution which makes it possible for there to be zero attacks. That scenario certainly helps customers - everything can be combined in a single pane of glass from the endpoint and the server infrastructure security perspective. I like that the solution consumes less of what it stores on endpoints. When it's performing a full-system scan, it consumes less CPU and memory resources, so a user can continue working and not be aware the scanning is occurring. It also supports the real-time memory scan, protecting the user from the real-time product and from any kind of EXE file or monitoring activity. I think the endpoint protection is a very nice feature of this product. McAfee has a more simplified approach to providing security for endpoints.

What needs improvement?

This solution requires you to deploy multiple agents for multiple jobs which is unfortunate. There is the antivirus, there is a DLP client, there is a media client. I'd like to see all of these combined into a single agent that does everything without consuming significant resources. That would be a great innovation from the endpoint security point of view. Rather than having different tools, the DLP DR should be integrated and simplified into one single security solution.

I've been using this solution for a couple of months.

This is a stable solution.

The solution is scalable. In general, it requires admin resources and user resources.

The initial setup requires a certain skill set because anyone wanting to deploy such a tool needs to be aware of the best practices in terms of how the security should be designed, areas such as data configuration and product configuration. A simple antivirus installation should only take a couple of minutes but when it comes to the enterprise grade or installation on a server, it takes time because a lot of planning is required. The planning takes time, not the installation.

There is a one-year or three-year licensing option.

What other advice do I have?

I rate this solution an eight out of 10.

More McAfee MOVE AntiVirus reviews from users
Learn what your peers think about McAfee MOVE AntiVirus. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: September 2021.
534,768 professionals have used our research since 2012.