McAfee MVISION Endpoint Review

User-based policies offer fine granularity, and the technical support is reponsive

What is our primary use case?

We are a solution provider and McAfee MVISION Endpoint is one of the products that we implement for our clients. Our clients use it to help manage their security.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable feature is user-based policy provision. It allows for greater granularity.

Our clients use the VPN to create secure connections to their servers.

What needs improvement?

A policy-editing console should be added.

Having automatic updates would be helpful.

We have been dealing with this product for about two years.

We are completing two deployments each week and I don't have any comments with regards to stability. I would say that it's stable enough.

We have about 20 clients who are using this solution and it is easy to scale. I would estimate the number of users to be about 400.

McAfee has good support and they are very responsive.

We deal with endpoint solutions from several vendors including Sophos, Symantec, and CrowdStrike. We are still using Symantec in parallel with McAfee.

The capabilities of these products are similar and the real difference is in the support. McAfee has the best support nowadays, as Symantec takes too long to respond.

The initial setup sometimes has to be done manually because of issues with Active Directory. That said, it is not normally complex. Complexity can come from using export files because McAfee does not have a policy-editing console.

One of the recent deployments we completed required three of us 15 days. This including training people in different locations.

We implement and deploy this product for our clients.

Licensing fees are billed on a yearly basis.

What other advice do I have?

More McAfee MVISION Endpoint reviews from users