McAfee Network Security Platform Review

Stable with an easy implementation and pretty good scalability

What is our primary use case?

Our clients primarily use the solution for security purposes. We have it deployed on the endpoints.

What is most valuable?

The entire IPS is excellent.

It's pretty good at protecting our endpoints.

The implementation was pretty straightforward.

The solution can scale.

The product is stable.

It's an excellent solution for enterprise-level businesses.

What needs improvement?

I can't think of any area of improvement. It works pretty well for us.

The pricing could be improved.

The product offering could be enhanced a bit. I'm on the second-biggest offering and I have mostly common packets and features. They could offer a bit more to higher tiers. They also seem to mix and match other products within their suite of offerings and change those. There needs to be more consistency overall with what they offer.

I've been using the solution for a few years now.

As an enterprise-level solution, it's quite stable. We haven't found any bugs or glitches on the solution. It works well and we have no complaints.

The solution scales well for enterprises. A company can expand it if they need to. There aren't too many limitations.

We're actually the first line of support for our customers, so we are able to troubleshoot. However, the solution works quite well. We don't have too many issues where we would have to reach out to their support to assist us. Therefore, I can't really speak to their level of service. Reaching out to them is quite rare.

The implementation is not complex. It's quite straightforward. We find the entire process to be rather easy.

We're integrators. We can handle the implementation for our clients.

What other advice do I have?

We're integrators. We're not customers.

We'd recommend the solution to other organizations. It works very well overall, and is excellent for enterprise-level businesses.

Overall, on a scale from one to ten, I'd rate it at an eight. No solution is perfect. However, this one is pretty close.

More McAfee Network Security Platform reviews from users
...who compared it with Cisco Sourcefire SNORT
Learn what your peers think about McAfee Network Security Platform. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: September 2021.
535,919 professionals have used our research since 2012.