McAfee Network Security Platform Review

Good stability with a straightforward setup but could improve upon its detection capabilities

What is our primary use case?

We use the solution for security purposes. It allows our organization to detect a variety of malicious attacks such as malware and viruses, et cetera.

What is most valuable?

The signature-based content is very powerful.

I like the fact that we have the ability to write our custom signatures based on McAfee-made signatures.

The Malware engines are very powerful. These engines are getting information from the McAfee global intelligence services,

It offers good mobile intelligence services. On the behavioral side of the signatures are very good.

The initial setup is straightforward.

We've found that the solution to be quite stable.

What needs improvement?

The system isn't fool-proof. Sometimes, based on the network or other reasons, McAfee cannot detect the actual attack. This rarely happens. It's only been the case maybe one or two times.

The solution could improve some aspects of detection. If they implemented some machine learning technique, they might be able to better detect abnormal occurances.

I've been using the solution for six years or so. It's been a while at this point.

The solution is very stable. It's reliable. There aren't bugs or glitches. It doesn't crash or freeze. It's very good.

While we haven't needed to expand the product yet, it's my understanding that the new features of McAfee will be easy to expand. It shouldn't be a problem to scale.

We have around six people in our organization using the solution.

We're partners. We often give support to our clients.

The initial setup is quite straightforward. It's not complex. A company should be able to implement it easily.

The deployment doesn't take too long. It's pretty quick. This is especially true if you have an abundance of experience.

The pricing of the solution is okay.

Licensing is paid on a yearly basis.

What other advice do I have?

We are McAfee partners. We have a business relationship with the company.

We tend to use a variety of different versions. The solution tends to have a lot of versions.

I would recommend the solution to other organizations. For the most part, we have had positive experiences. However, it's a good idea for those considering the solution to do their own research to see if the product would suit them. There are advanced levels of the solution. It can be a fit for many companies.

In general, I would rate the solution at a seven out of ten.

More McAfee Network Security Platform reviews from users
...who compared it with Cisco Sourcefire SNORT
Learn what your peers think about McAfee Network Security Platform. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: September 2021.
535,919 professionals have used our research since 2012.