McAfee Total Protection for Data Loss Prevention Review

The administration and the interface make it accessible and easy to use

What is our primary use case?

Our primary use for this McAfee product is to provide a capable data protection tool to clients whose needs fit this solution.

What is most valuable?

The interface is really the most valuable feature. The administration part is also nice because it is pretty user-friendly as it is. The interface and administration are important because the data protection capabilities are already there. The administration and the interface make it accessible and easy to use.

What needs improvement?

Both the pricing and the support for this product could be improved.

I think the support comes at a very high cost. In our case, there are some regions where we do not pay McAfee for support because they do not provide the support quickly or they do not have the capacity to support our needs completely. It depends on the case and where the client is.

It is not just the support that is expensive, I would like to see better pricing for the product licensing. Feature-wise, I would like enhancements added to the GUI interface to make it more well-designed, user-friendly, and user-intuitive while adding other features to help users work with the product more easily.

We have been using McAfee Total Protection for DLP for more than two years.

McAfee Total Protection is stable. We have no problems with it and neither do our clients who use it.

The clients that we deploy this solution for are small to medium-sized businesses.

I think that the technical support can be improved. It should be cheaper, faster and more comprehensive as far as the regions it covers.

The installation and initial setup are not so hard. I would have to give it a mid-range score. Some of it is easy and some of it more difficult. Let's say fifty-fifty as that is the best way to describe the initial setup: half easy, half hard.

We did not need the help of a third-party to implement the solution for us. We are a McAfee partner so we implement it for ourselves and our clients.

The pricing seems expensive both for the license and the support.

We are often looking for information about different products that we will be able to present to our clients as a solution for what they need. We have done research and comparison of many brands and products. With McAfee Total Data Protection for DLP, we might offer the client a choice of solutions with different advantages and features such as a Fortinet product. It depends on the client's needs.

What other advice do I have?

My advice to anyone considering this type of data protection solution is that you need to choose a product based on your needs. There are so many products nowadays that do similar things and there are always newer tools and technologies emerging. I'd recommend that people not just take advice from the manufacturer or trust in internet reviews. They should test products out for themselves to be confident in what they choose. Use the trial versions to see how the product works for yourself and do a proof of concept before you decide on a solution and implement it. It would be good to try several products to be able to compare rather than just one.

On a scale from one to ten where one is the worst and ten is the best, I would rate the product as an eight out of ten.

More McAfee Total Protection for Data Loss Prevention reviews from users