McAfee Web Protection Review

Easy to use and it protects our BI data from web-based threats

What is our primary use case?

Our primary use case is for security related to data that is coming from the internet.

How has it helped my organization?

This product simplifies the risk of creating additional customized solutions for data threats.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable feature of this solution is that it protects against threats that are coming from the web.

What needs improvement?

I would like to see easy-to-use documentation regarding new threats.

The solution should be more proactive in regards to sending you updates. Rather than simply being informed of an update and then have to click on it if you want to, the service packs should be installed automatically.

The stability of this solution is ok.

The solution is scalable.

The technical support is good, but it's always "I'll call you back", especially when there are no threats.

We usually just call our IT department and they take care of it. On a couple of occasions, I have called them directly. I'm in the BI world, so our environment needs to be very secure. I think that they should have different levels, or tiers, like a general user, advanced, and your pros. Instead of going back and forth several times, talking with customer support, it would be easier.

We did not use a solution prior to this one.

Using this type of solution is best practice in the industry. It is easy to use and it is affordable.

The initial setup is straightforward.

We handled the deployment in-house.

The IT department was responsible for choosing the vendor.

What other advice do I have?

I would recommend this product but at the same time, I would first check to see if there are any newcomers in the market. I would then do a proof of concept and test it out.