MEGA HOPEX Review

​It provides a central repository of all architecture artifacts. Managing the new licenses and roles was difficult on the initial setup.

What is most valuable?

ITPM – It provides a central location to manage our technology portfolio and standards/governance.

How has it helped my organization?

It provides a central repository of all architecture artifacts as well as application inventory. It has made it easier to do impact analysis. It’s slowly becoming the authoritative source of current state application architecture.

What needs improvement?

We would like the reporting and analytics, road mapping, import/export functionality, and data modelling capabilities to be improved.

It was a bit challenging to convert our old Mega licensing model to the new Hopex licensing model which is at a more granular level. Managing the new licenses and roles was difficult on the initial setup.

There were no issues with the stability.

We have had no issues scaling it for our needs.

Overall, they have good support.

We evaluated other EA tools but we already had Mega in-house and continued to use it.

Fairly straightforward. There were some steps in the documentation that were not clear but with tech support’s help we overcame the issues.

We implemented it in-house with an enterprise architect and system administrator working together. We developed an implementation plan before starting the initial deployment and/or upgrade.

Mega needs to simplify their licensing model more like other leading EA tools in the market.

What other advice do I have?

Collect accurate and up-to-date data about your environment before implementing an EA tool. Have an approach in terms of what objects to create in the tool in what order. Set up a sandbox environment to familiarize the architects and other users with the tool. Avoid creating extraneous objects in the production environment; start with small set of objects and artifacts that add value and will be used.

More MEGA HOPEX reviews from users