MEGA HOPEX Review

Powerful EA Application, but the challenge is how to maximize its features

What is our primary use case?

I don't use MEGA HOPEX myself, but I deliver it to my clients. Our clients' primary use case of this solution is for IT portfolio management. Our clients use it to determine things like application redundancy or if they want to get an overview of the full landscape of the application architecture. Also if they want to know the conflict detection between the application life cycle and the technology life cycle that supports the application.

What is most valuable?

I find the IT portfolio management very valuable and helpful.

What needs improvement?

The support service form MEGA is quite good, but it could be better regarding the EA system competition is getting tougher. I feel that there isn't enough time spent on conservation or knowledge sharing with the MEGA support team. The extensive knowledge sharing is needed, due to MEGA HOPEX has a comprehensive but also complex practical framework. I feels very often struggle to figure out the capabilities of MEGA HOPEX, especially how to maximize the utility of the system.

I have been working with MEGA HOPEX for two years now.

My experience is that stability depends on the customization. If you use basic customization, it's quite stable, but if you have many customizations, I cannot say it's stable.

But if you have moderate customization, it's quite stable I think. The client must be able to adjust the requirements of the application.

We haven't tried to scale yet, but I believe it's quite big scalable for all layers of EA.

I work closely with the technical support team of MEGA HOPEX. If we can't get a solution for a client, we ask the technical team to give us some guidelines on how to resolve the problem.

The initial setup wasn't too complex, but it wasn't easy either. Sometimes you will need to get help from an engineer that has technical knowledge.

Deployment doesn't take too long. If the client doesn't have high compliance security, it will take between two or three weeks. It took us almost two months to do the upgrade. But it wasn't caused by the system. It was caused by the security compliance.

It's  better if it's the price is more flexible.

What other advice do I have?

I think that MEGA HOPEX is a comprehensive EA solution, but the challenge is how to use it properly so that it works for your organization. On a scale from one to 10, I rate it an eight.

1 visitor found this review helpful