Melissa Data Quality Review

Gives us an assessed value of the property in question which helps us cull properties

How has it helped my organization?

It gives me an assessed value of the property in question. My partner and I are property investors, and it's good to get an assessed value. Other databases that we extract information from don't always give us that. So we're able to get an assessed value to cull out properties that we're not interested in.

What is most valuable?

Extracting the property in question, the owner's address, and the address coming off of the APN number.

What needs improvement?

It really hasn't given us a phone number for the owner of the property, and that's one thing I'd really like to be getting. Either a phone number or email.

One thing I would want to have, when you're doing a property search, you can do it either on the FIPS in the APN number or the address itself. For some entries, I'll have the APN number, and some I'll have the address. Apparently it cannot process something when both the FIPS-APN and the address are on there. I have to sort, once with one and once with the other, which is a little bit of a pain.

Less than one year.

It seems pretty stable. I haven't seen any problems with it.

I haven't seen any problems yet. I do have to go through White Pages to try and get information about an owner, which is a different set. I'd love to see that incorporated in Melissa Data.

There was one time I was trying to figure out how to actually get the databases loaded and called up tech support. They were very helpful. They actually got online to get onto my desktop and see what was going on. It was very helpful. They were able to find my problems, and I was able to move on with it. Instantaneously getting on my screen and see what's going on was extremely helpful.

This is my first time using a solution like this.

It took me a little time. There are a couple of nuances that I had to struggle through, to first figure it out. Having tech support there really helped guide me through it. As far as getting the database formatted the way it should be, that took a little time to do. That may have been my problem as much as anything else.

I think it's worth the value for me to run it.

I just did a Google lookup and found Melissa Data, that's how I got there.

What other advice do I have?

I'd say it's a great product. If those are the parameters that you want to find, it seems to do real well.

What would make it a 10 out of 10 for me would be the improvements I mentioned above.