Melissa Data Quality Review

I was able to dedupe millions of records and append the most recent email

What is our primary use case?

Data merge, purge, quality, and append.

How has it helped my organization?

I was able to dedupe millions of records in the past, and append the most recent email.

What is most valuable?

• The flexibility of their products
  • Services for all manner of data-driven organizations, no matter their size or budget.

What needs improvement?

Better email append coverage (but every vendor struggles with this).

More than five years.

No issues. Everything worked as expected, and exceeded expectations.

It depends on whether you can run extremely large lists on multiple servers. Any sort of dedupe or fuzzy match is processing intensive, regardless of the vendor.

I requested a hands-on webinar and received it the same day.

I will continue to use Discover RainKing, as well as D&B for firmographics, Synthio (formerly Social123), HG Data, Reachable, Smarte, GoodData. Each vendor has unique strengths and weaknesses. Melissa Data is often best for the price, quality, thoroughness, and speed.

For my particular need, it required about an hour to learn their online system, but they also provided a live webinar session – fantastic!

Be sure to determine how the data is priced (record-based versus credit-based or some hybrid of data and services).

Melissa's sales executives can be of tremendous value in pricing and best practices.

I still use D&B, Synthio, Discover.org and RainKing, but Melissa Data is always a contender for B2C data needs.

Regarding advice to others looking for similar solutions:

1. Explore Melissa's products and services online.
  2. Speak with one of their sales reps.
  3. Schedule an online demo.

What other advice do I have?

I rate it a 10 out of 10, based on value, quality, speed, and features.

Start with Melissa Data, explore a few of their competitors, and then decide based on these factors: data type (B2B or B2C) / pricing / data quality / data fields / system utility / customer support.