Melissa Data Quality Review

We are able to scrub and verify, then better validate the end customer's address

How has it helped my organization?

We do hundreds of thousands to millions of customer deliveries. By using Melissa Data, we are able to scrub and verify, then better validate the end customer's address to ensure a more consistent delivery of products.

What is most valuable?

We only use the address hygiene tool, so I can't really comment on their other tools. We did look at their email verification as well, because we also use another service for it. We do not switched to them, but it was not due to the functionality of that service. It was just that it required some reengineering on our end to do so. We did not feel that we had the right capacity to do it at that time. All I can say is we use the address hygiene service, and we have been pleased with it.

What needs improvement?

An area for improvement is where an end customer's address is not found in the Melissa Data database, even though it is a valid address.

I would like a little more intelligence around handling addresses that are not in the system and providing back some better options on how to present the corrections to the user.

Three to five years.

Over the lifetime of us using it, we have only had one issue where there seemed to be an availability issue. We use it as a service, and the service was unavailable. It was for a very short period of time. I think part of a day, something like that. Otherwise, it has been a very stable product, and we have not really dealt with any performance-related issues.

No issues. We do a very high volume of traffic in a condensed window during the September-October-November timeframe, and we have never had an issue with performance or scalability.

We really have not had to use it. During the one incident I am remembering, we contacted customer support, and I don't remember if it was resolved through them, or I get the impression it was a larger issue than just affecting us, and it was resolved. So, I can't really give a great comment on that. I do not think other than that one time we have really used customer support, because we have not had a need to do so.

Initial setup was fairly straightforward. The documentation was very good in terms of how to integrate and consume the service(s) that we use. It did not take an abundance of time to set up things on our side to use the service and incorporate it into our e-commerce platforms. So, it went very smooth.

The pricing is okay. Like many transactional service-based platforms, I always feel that the pricing is a little bit high. I think it is competitive with other products on the market. The only complaint that I have towards it is they sell licenses based on a range of usage, and I feel those ranges are too large. As an example, we licensed a two and a half to five million range of transactions, yet we use somewhere between two and a half and three million. Therefore, we have to pay for five, even though we only use roughly half of it.

Unfortunately, I can't remember the other products we looked at.

What other advice do I have?

Follow the documentation as it is very good. Engage with their support team as by the little bit of experience that I had with them, they were good. Be confident that the scalability and load are not going to be an issue with the services.