Melissa Data Quality Review

The Append feature helps us find customers' phone numbers to contact them efficiently

What is our primary use case?

We used the trial and we used the custom solution Append for a month or so. On Excel we still use the custom solution today. We use it to find updated contact information for our customers.

How has it helped my organization?

We mainly communicate with our customers via email, so we primarily use it to find a phone number so we can contact them more efficiently. This allows us to talk to them and resolve their issues much more quickly.

What is most valuable?

The Append feature. The majority of the time we have a customer’s name and address and we need to find their phone number or email.

What needs improvement?

We would appreciate it if there was a larger database so that we could find information more often. For example, we can search for 10 people and only find the information for three of them, if we are lucky. Increasing this success rate would be beneficial and, at the same time, would be a great way to get more clients interested in the solution.

Still implementing.

The custom software solution we still use in-house makes Excel a lot slower than usual.

No scalability issues at all.

I have never had to contact tech support. My sales rep helped me out with everything I needed.

We still use another solution due to a higher success rate with the amount of information provided. The reason we also use Melissa Data is because it provides information for our customers outside of the US as well, and it makes searching for multiple customers easier through the Append feature.

The initial setup was somewhat complex at first, but it was straightforward enough to understand, once you get the hang of it.

Buy a lot more credits than you think you’re going to need.

The only other product we are currently using is Whitepages Premium. It provides the information necessary, except for an email address sometimes. We also looked at Spokeo and other append services. Melissa caught my attention because we had previously worked with their address verifier and I knew it was a good solution for our needs.

What other advice do I have?

I would rate this system an eight out of 10. The accuracy of correct information is very high when it's available. However, there was a 70% chance where the system would find the person we were looking for but there was no contact information.

Still, I would advise getting the service without hesitation. It can come in handy and, even if you don’t use it on a daily basis, it’s a great tool to have when you need additional contact information for any purpose.