Melissa Data Quality Review

Helps us remain compliant with accreditation requirements, finding fraudulent transactions

What is our primary use case?

A significant part of our business revolves around the supply of domain names and, as such, we operate an accredited domain name registrar business. One of the requirements of the accreditation is that we validate customer data in relation to their domain name registration. The primary purpose of this is to deter misuse of domain names for fraudulent, phishing, or copyright issues. Being a policy requirement, our initial intention was to simply remain compliant with our accreditation requirements in the most cost effective manner. Melissa Data was well and truly on top of the list when it came to scoping our options for this objective.

How has it helped my organization?

We have, however benefited in additional ways from the service, in that our customer database is now significantly more accurate and reliable. This is particularly important when it comes to both cost savings and cost generating measures. There have been tangible benefits in combating fraudulent transactions. The information from Melissa Data is fed straight into our fraud system. This creates efficiency but also removes the need for manual address checks. Similarly, through more accurate data, our marketing department has been able to increase delivery and conversion rates through email direct marketing initiatives.

What is most valuable?

Automated data verification.

What needs improvement?

None of note, it suits our needs. It could always be cheaper.

Three to five years.

No stability issues.

No scalability issues.

Limited use of tech support has been necessary, but all interactions have been pleasant. Nine out of 10.

No previous solution.

Straightforward. A simple API fit for purpose.

Melissa Data is cost effective and efficient. It was the best we could find when we first scoped the project.

SAS, Experian.

What other advice do I have?

Talk to the Melissa Data team, they are helpful, friendly and efficient.