Melissa Data Quality Review

Simplicity, ease of use, and overall accuracy of data are the key features for us

What is our primary use case?

We use Melissa Data Listware for customer address verification.

How has it helped my organization?

I have only just started to use it at my current company so no improvements yet. In my previous role, we used Listware to reduce returned mail and reduce mailing costs.

What is most valuable?

Simplicity, ease of use, combined with overall accuracy of data.

What needs improvement?

The world is moving/has moved to the cloud. I get that. But it would be nice to easily integrate the solution with our own internal systems/processes in a way that keeps IT happy. Right now I live at a company with (exceedingly) tight IT policies, so integration of a cloud solution just doesn’t work. The on-premise version of Listware is too expensive relative to the cloud version.

More than five years.

No stability issues yet.

No scalability issues.

Average to below average. Tech support at Melissa Data was very quick to wash their hands of an issue and say it's IT policies on my side that are causing the issue. There was no offer to try and find a work-around. Just an overwhelming attitude of "it’s not our problem."

I have investigated but not used other solutions.

Easy enough.

Cloud is very cheap. On-premise is expensive.

I can’t recall all the other solutions in detail; Trillium was one.

What other advice do I have?

Trial subscriptions (via cloud) are very cheap and easy to use. It’s a great way to test Listware to see if you want to go deeper with integration.