Mendix Review

Version control allows multiple team members to collaborate quite easily

What is our primary use case?

Mendix has a variety of usages, and its bottom line is to deliver a continuous integration system that will make your life easier during development, deployment, and testing of your apps. I primarily use it to develop large data systems and user-friendly applications that scale easily.

How has it helped my organization?

It's amazing that you can build web apps and mobile (hybrid) apps with one code base in a few clicks. It's a full continuous integration environment. Full focus on the business case needs and not on implementation.

Speeds up the development by a factor of several times over regular development.

What is most valuable?

Mendix has made a great deal of effort to provide its developers a healthy, modern environment for developing. First of all, it adopts Agile methodology by creating a SCRUM-based app where you can handle your user stories. Next comes version control, which really allows multiple team members to collaborate quite easily. And last but not least, Mendix modeler, which is your IDE for developing Mendix apps. Speed and rapid software development within Mendix is a breeze. We at Intonovi absolutely love it.

What needs improvement?

• Overview of model versioning control for the sake of the review process
  • Better SCRUM board
  • Provide an overview of model changes from the repository through Sprintr (SCRUM board)
  • A choice between versioning control system would be nice