Meraki Dashboard Review

We have much better wireless coverage than we had before and we have visibility of all the users

What is our primary use case?

The primary use case of this solution is to provide a wireless and networking solution for the office or home. I use it at home and at work.

How has it helped my organization?

It has improved my organization in the way that we've got a much better wireless coverage than we had before, and secondly, we have the visibility of all the users.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable features would be its ease of use and the easy integration.

What needs improvement?

You can't really clone or replicate a device, that sort of feature would be useful. You can clone the site but you cannot clone the device.

I have been using this solution for around three years.

As far as I know, it is very stable.

The scalability is unlimited. You can scale as much as you want, at least for the environment that I'm in. We don't have thousands, we've only got under ten. It's right for our organization. I think scalability-wise it's capable of scaling up to around 200, maybe a couple thousand. It's all cloud based so we don't control anything.

We have around 45 users using this solution. Their roles are primarily developers. We only require one staff member for the deployment and maintenance which is me.

It is used in the office environment and if we get more people joining us, we might need more Meraki access points and maybe more filters.

Technical support is pretty good. They come back to me with the answers or at least help me with how to get answers.

We switched to Meraki from Fortinet. We switched because it was not easy to manage.

The initial setup was straightforward. The guys from the Meraki website were quite good.

The deployment took a few minutes but the congregation took a couple of days.

I did the deployment myself.

Licensing is around under 1000 pounds. The licensing is either one year, three years, five years or ten years and during the licensing, we can choose to renew it per year or per every three years. We've got a license for three years. It's about 160 or about 200 pounds each.

What other advice do I have?

I would advise someone considering this solution to go for it.

I would rate it a nine out of ten.