Meraki Dashboard Review

It's a solution that can be used by anyone and has good support

What is our primary use case?

My primary use case is managing the LAN, the Local Area Network, in our shops. We have a total of 40 shops in France, so I'm using Meraki for managing my LAN, my access point, my switches my VLAN, my SSIDs, etc.

What is most valuable?

Meraki is easy to use. You don't have to be a network engineer to use it. That's why I like it. I'm in IT, I know how our network works, but if you give that solution to my mom, for example, she would have used it like a normal, she could have opened a shop for example. That's what I like about Meraki Dashboard - all your switches, all your access points are all in one place, and it's easy to use.

What needs improvement?

The MDM needs improvement. I know that we used to use the MDM for a long time, for one or two years, but we had to leave it because it wasn't really good enough for us. THe MDM should be improved.

I've been using the solution for 3 years.

The stability is okay. In three years, we've only had two or three problems, but one of them was our fault. The other one was on Meraki's side, but it still worked. Meraki was not working, we couldn't use them, but the products were okay, the LAN was okay. So I guess the stability is great.

We have five administrators that work on the dashboard.

Technical support is great. They've been great.

We used Aruba for about six months before Meraki. We switched because we thought that the Aruba Dashboard was really poor in terms of features and things you can do in management. Also, the managing area of Aruba was really bad compared to Meraki. That's why we switched.

The initial setup is really easy. You just have to open an account. It's also really easy to add equipment.

We used the Meraki team, but beyond that, we didn't get help from anyone else. We installed all the switches and all of the access points.

We thought about Aruba, but the features weren't enough, compared to Meraki.

What other advice do I have?

We use the solution every day, every hour. We usually check the dashboard once a day.

Be aware that it's really easy to use, so you can easily make the wrong changes for example, but can get help easily from good people. Meraki is very accessible.

It's a solution that can be used by anyone - by administrators, by end-users, by a lot of people. You have to be aware that it is pretty easy to be used, but you have to use it well. Use it well and it will be fine.

The MDM, however, is bad. We're using another MDM now because Meraki was so bad.

I would rate the solution 9 out of 10.