Meraki MS Switches Review

Cloud managed access and aggregation switches with a useful GUI, but the throughput path of the core switches could be better

What is our primary use case?

I had to provide solutions for a pharmaceutical company, where data plays a very important role. This is where testing takes place and security is critical, and they have a lot of security on-site. If you want to have more VLANs and so on, you can do it through a core switch.

It all depends on the customer's requirements. For example, if the customer uses SAP HANA, they will go for a new direct server. On the new direct server, you have an output of 10 GBs, and based on the output and the number of users, I provide the solution to the customer.

It also depends on the application. For example, in SAP HANA, it'll depend on all the customer's modules, how many servers will make a Nutanix server, for example, 12 to 16 servers, and the number of users.

What is most valuable?

The cloud part of Meraki Switches is very good. They also have a good GUI. It's a complete solution. I like the switching and the monitoring part.

What needs improvement?

The throughputs, especially the throughput path, can be improved on the core switches. I think they should improve the throughput in the core switches to enable higher throughputs. A little bit of training for customers like online training would definitely help us.

I provided a couple of Cisco Meraki solutions to clients last year.

Meraki MS Switches are stable.

Meraki MS Switches are scalable.

Technical support is good. Our team is already certified in this area, and if anything critical happens, we try to log into their portal. If not, we'll have our own tech support handle it.

On the switching front, I have provided a lot of solutions on Juniper and also on HP Aruba.

The installation is not a problem at all. It takes about a day to configure all the systems.

We have about four or five people working with Meraki switches.

When you compare it to other switches like HP, Juniper, and Ruckus, Meraki MS Switches are cheaper.

What other advice do I have?

I would recommend Meraki MS Switches. I like Cisco Meraki Switches, and I have friends who've been using them. They're a couple of system integrators who only use Meraki.

On a scale from one to ten, I would give Meraki MS Switches a seven.

More Meraki MS Switches reviews from users
...who work at a Comms Service Provider
...who compared it with Cisco Ethernet Switches
Learn what your peers think about Meraki MS Switches. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: September 2021.
536,244 professionals have used our research since 2012.