Meraki MS Switches Review

Easy to use and learn, but it needs more configuration options and the price should be lowered

What is our primary use case?

Our primary use for this solution is cloud management. It is very comfortable for our customers when they have a remote office and can manage the switch from the access point.

This solution is an on-premises deployment model.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable feature of this solution is the interface because it is very simple and easy to learn, even for somebody who hasn't seen it before.

The remote management from the cloud is very good.

The security features are very good.

What needs improvement?

The price of this solution should be improved.

This solution is too simple for some cases, and there should be more configuration options.

I have been using this solution for six or seven years.

I do not recall any service action, so this solution appears to be stable.

This solution is scalable if we're talking about one component with many remote offices. However, if we're talking about a company with a large headquarters then I can find better solutions.

There are dozens of users for this solution at the company in Poland, perhaps up to one hundred.

When I contacted technical support a long time ago, it was very good. The last time I spoke with them, something had changed at it was not as good. It was not bad, either. Meraki is a simple product, so many of the service actions are a product replacement.

The initial setup of this solution is easy. It is also easy to configure and deploy.

The complexity of the deployment depends on the configuration, but it will take a maximum of an hour to deploy.

This is not a cheap solution.

What other advice do I have?

Every customer has different environments and requirements, but it's a good product for most solutions.

I would rate this solution a seven out of ten.

More Meraki MS Switches reviews from users
...who work at a Comms Service Provider
...who compared it with HPE Ethernet Switches
Learn what your peers think about Meraki MS Switches. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: January 2021.
455,301 professionals have used our research since 2012.