Meraki MS Switches Review

Easy to configure and deploy but is expensive

What is our primary use case?

We primarily use the solution to connect access points.

How has it helped my organization?

We are Cisco partners, so we are using this product in order to provide services to our customers. As a Cisco partner, we get support from Cisco and that's why we are using and selling this product.

What is most valuable?

The solution is easy to configure and to deploy.

The interface is great. It's easy to understand for the customer.

What needs improvement?

The solution doesn't offer anything different from any other solution. It's not a unique product.

Sometimes there's a problem with the pricing model they use. They should work to fix this.

I've been using the solution for five years.

The solution is stable.

We primarily use the solution for small and medium customers, so we don't deal so much with scalability. For our purposes, a couple of switches are enough, in most cases.

We've never had to contact Cisco's technical support.

We didn't previously use a different solution.

The initial setup was straightforward. Deployment takes a few days. For us, it took five days. It's more internal processes than the complexity of this solution that makes it take the amount of time it does.

What other advice do I have?

We use the on-premises deployment model for small and medium-sized businesses.

In terms of advice to others, I'd suggest they push very hard for a discount. Other solutions are working really well, so discussion about discounts in relation to approaching customer-based projects is a good idea.

I'd rate it seven out of ten. I'd rate it higher, but the pricing isn't great. From a technical perspective, however, it meets all my needs.