Meraki MX Firewalls Review

Has improved our security levels and is a good fit for our business and client needs

How has it helped my organization?

The security level of our organization has changed by using Meraki MX Firewalls. We didn't have the UTM before but now we have sandboxing, tray scanning, attack preventions, and monitorization. Our security level has improved.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable feature is the cloud solution because it is configurable from anywhere. It is very user-friendly and not hard to learn.

What needs improvement?

We feel that Cisco provides smaller features with fewer possibilities versus other solutions out there.

The basic configuration takes 10-15 minutes which is great.

Our users find the entire package quite expensive. The price of the application itself is not expensive but if you take a license, it costs more than the application itself. If you get it for five years, it is almost double the price of the application.

We looked at Sophos products and there is something to be said about their ability to build a price out of what your user wants. This is not an option with Meraki.

What other advice do I have?

It is a good fit for our business needs and our client needs.