Meraki MX Firewalls Review

Improves security in our network so we don't have any problems with receiving intrusion alerts

What is our primary use case?

We made a big change recently in the company. The company didn't have a firewall. We suggested putting Meraki products in the company.

How has it helped my organization?

One improvement from Meraki is security. It improves security in our network. We don't have any problems with receiving intrusion alerts now.

What is most valuable?

When you try to create an IP or when you have an alert about when a website is banned, these features are helpful.

What needs improvement?

What I would like to see in the next version is to have more interfaces for WAN links.

For example, if we have three providers, we can't connect to Meraki because it has only two WAN ports.

I would like to have on Meraki more WAN ports, i.e. one data internet port for two lines.

I have been using this solution about six months.

The stability of this solution is very good. You can handle everything. The Meraki MX Firewall is very easy for us to use.

The scalability of Meraki is fine. It's for me for IT, and then another person also uses it. We are two people. If something happens that we don't know how to handle, we ask for the help of the company's tech support team.

Dataways is the integrator that we bought it from to increase scalability. The limit is 48 users with shares of the Meraki for 48 ports.

In the future, we are going to increase security and put in another Meraki.

Technical support is good. It's a firewall company for medium-to-small companies. It's a little bit expensive. In order to work with Meraki support, you have to buy permission.

Buying a contract for support is three years plus some money. Usually, one or two people is enough to monitor it.

We didn't have a firewall at all previously.

The initial setup of the Meraki firewall was straightforward. Deployment took a few days.

We bought Meraki from a Greek company called Dataways. They made an initial configuration of the Meraki device.

We were evaluating between FortiGate firewalls and Meraki. Finally, we chose Meraki. But FortiGate is a very good option.

What other advice do I have?

I recommend anyone look towards the possibilities of firewalls of this caliber with Meraki.

Research the top firewalls to compare, depending on how many users and the purpose of the need. It is great to have a firewall like Meraki or FortiGate.

On a scale from one to ten, I would rate Meraki an eight or nine.