Micro Focus ALM Quality Center Review

Could be used effectively but it is difficult to use

What is our primary use case?

We planned on using the solution for defect testing but it was a low priority for us, we never got around to it.

How has it helped my organization?

So far in the way we use the product, it has slowed down our process.

What is most valuable?

I have not thought about it. Though, I think the tools might be effective if we could utilize them better.

What needs improvement?

The tools could be useful if we were utilizing them more effectively. There is not a standard way of using the tools and I think that if there was, we would benefit. The tools are also too complex.

If they could improve their BPT business components that would be good to include in the next release. The current one does not seem complete. It is not really user friendly and it is difficult to handle test speeds. Even though the product supports a range of configurations they are difficult to set up and we preferred a different configuration.

I have been using ALM Quality Center for 1 year.

I think the only issue we were getting was with the memory. Our database was getting bigger and bigger so we need to increase the memory for the database to alleviate the issue.

In regard to scalability, I think it is scalable. In our team, we have more than 100, as for the other teams, I am not sure.

The tools might be good but the way we were utilized them was not effective. People have different ways to use the tools and we did not have a standard or conventional way. It would have been more beneficial if everybody followed a set of standards. Making the tools less complex would be better.

What other advice do I have?

I rate Micro Focus ALM Quality Center a five out of ten.

Version 12.6
More Micro Focus ALM Quality Center reviews from users
...who compared it with Jira
Learn what your peers think about Micro Focus ALM Quality Center. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: June 2021.
513,594 professionals have used our research since 2012.
1 Comment

author avatarYingLei (Micro Focus)

Thank you for your review, and I'm sorry to hear that ALM/Quality Center has not been utilized well in your organization.

You mentioned "People have different ways to use the tools and we did not have a standard or conventional way", then I think our Best Practices Guides may help. Among them, "ALM Entities Sharing Best Practices Guide" and "ALM Workflow Best Practices Guide" are relevant to standardizing work across an organization.

Several recommendations are:

- Contact customer support on the specific help you need, or raise your enhancement request

- Take Micro Focus trainings

- Understand how it works from the online help

ALM Online Help

BPT Online Help

- Join our community and discuss with your peers: community

At last, please bookmark ALM/Quality Center web page where you can find the latest information about the product.