Micro Focus ALM Quality Center Review
Flexible, customizable and easy to integrate, but high licensing cost
* Flexible licensing (In-house hosting or Cloud-based).
* High capacity. Have heard of two Telco clients who have up to 4,000 licenses each.
* Easy to use
* Highly customizable
* Can be integrated with a variety of automation tools
* Can be integrated with a variety of Requirements Management tools
* Can be integrated with a variety of Defect Tracking tools
* Can store pretty much all testing artifacts (requirements, test cases, defects, automation scripts, and miscellaneous files)
* Good linking between requirements, defects and test cases
* New version of Quality Center comes with an advanced test case runner called "HP Sprinter".
* Highly customizable reporting (now uses VBA for formatting reports)
* Good technical support from HP and specialized consulting firms
* Lots of new features being rolled out by HP including Business Process Testing (BPT) module which is at the cutting edge of testing (manual and automation wise)
* HP is also adding new features for Total Application Lifecycle Management (including Performance Testing Module, Project Tracking Module, etc)
Room for Improvement:
* High licensing cost.
* The Version Control feature is still quite primitive.