Micro Focus ALM Quality Center Review

It facilitates integration with automation tools and provides a centralized location for the testing life-cycle, giving traceability and visibility to all members and stakeholders of projects.

What is most valuable?

• Test Plan
  • Test Lab
  • Defects
  • Requirements
  • Dashboard - Reports

How has it helped my organization?

• Improved the work quality
  • Centralized location for the testing life-cycle
  • Traceability and visibility to all the members and stakeholders of projects
  • Standardization of test cases
  • Test case execution and validation
  • Ease of integration with automation tools like QTP, LoadRunner, SOATest etc.

What needs improvement?

The performance of this product is really poor, and there is no dashboard (reports) for the groups or users on the home page. Also, instead of one database, there are separate ones for each project.

I've used it for three years.

No issues encountered.

No issues encountered.

If you add any custom workflow (scripting), then in the long run there will be a deviation in application performance.

It's excellent.

It's excellent, but they don't support scripting unless it's in your PO.

We used JIRA. Its is also a good tool for defect tracking, but due to the lack of test and requirements management in JIRA, we have moved to ALM.

Straightforward. I've gone through the installation admin, and followed the same steps and it was fine.

We did it in-house.

It's a bit costlier when compared to other tools on the market, and you have to haggle with HP for this product.

We also looked at TFS.

What other advice do I have?

Its a good tool for a perfect software development company where release/project roll outs happen on a planned basis. It's not a supportive tool for an agile environment.