Micro Focus ALM Quality Center Review

Provides A Centralized Means Of Accessing Data, Monitoring Progress, And Creating A Singular View Of Test Status.

What is most valuable?

The test generation ability, coverage reporting, and risk prioritization. From a test and defect management perspective, there are few that can compare for delivery in a traditional/waterfall project).

How has it helped my organization?

For our clients it provides a centralized means of accessing data, monitoring progress, and creating a singular view on the test status within the business. A number have used it to perform comparative analysis to determine the resultant cost saving and benefits achieved as a result of using the application, and determining process improvement.

What needs improvement?

The product could do with more native integration for agile projects, a greatly reduced cost model and closer integration with products that are non-HP.

On and off for various customers for 10 years (i.e. going back to when it was Mercury Quality Center).

Not normally.

No. This is an enterprise application and scales accordingly.

Seven out of 10.

We use multiple solutions depending on the needs of our client at the time.

Straightforward.

HPE is constantly updating its licensing to be competitive, but as a whole the pricing for ALM is very high for the local market and, as such, we see a larger adoption overseas.

What other advice do I have?

Perform the recommended due diligence when adopting any new tool and ensure that the tool adoption correctly addresses the problem being experienced. This is a good tool and if correctly implemented will provide a solution to a number of delivery focused issues within a business.

More Micro Focus ALM Quality Center reviews from users
...who compared it with Jira
Learn what your peers think about Micro Focus ALM Quality Center. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: August 2021.
534,057 professionals have used our research since 2012.